May 26, 2015
Earlier this month, the regulators at the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) announced that their alliance with the Coordinating Committee for Automotive Repair (CCAR) would be renewed for five more years.
This alliance represents an ongoing OSHA effort to “protect the safety and health of workers in the car repair industry.” CCAR is a nonprofit organization that has been providing safety training and best practices to the global motor vehicle industry since 1994.
Goals of the OSHA Alliance with CCAR
According to the official announcement regarding this alliance renewal, the goals that OSHA and CCAR have set include developing training for:
- Car lift safety
- Working with absorbed glass mat batteries
- Handling AC refrigerant and other hazard chemicals/substances.
Additionally, OSHA and CCAR are planning to work together to:
- Develop tools to help automakers comply with OSHA standards and regulations
- Exchange information regarding programs and resources for auto industry employers and auto repair industry workers
- Inform employers about their responsibilities
- Inform auto repair industry workers of their rights.
Interestingly, OSHA has specifically noted that companies’ participation in the alliance will not exempt them from OSHA inspections or enforcement efforts (or actions).
Commenting on the renewed alliance with CCAR, Dr. David Michaels, Assistant Secretary of Labor for OSHA, stated:
Workers in automobile repair shops are exposed to a variety of chemical and physical hazards…Our renewed alliance will continue to focus on training and education about the hazards workers face in their jobs and the necessary actions that employers must take to keep them safe.
What do you think about this alliance? Do you think there are other potential hazards for auto repair workers that OSHA and CCAR should be focusing on? Share your opinions with us on Facebook and Google+.
Denver Workers Comp Lawyer at the Bisset Law Firm
Have you been injured at work? Or have you lost a loved one to a fatal work accident or occupational illness? If so, Denver Workers Comp Lawyer Jennifer Bisset wants you to know that she is here to aggressively advocate your rights and help you obtain the benefits you need and deserve.
When you choose to work with the Bisset Law Firm, you can trust that we will:
- Work diligently to keep your case moving
- Keep you advised of every development in your case
- Promptly respond to your calls and/or emails
- Provide you with honest advice, as well as the highest quality legal serviecs
- Help you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries and losses.
Contact Us Today
Contact Denver Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Jennifer Bisset by calling (303) 894-8900 to learn more about your rights and receive a professional evaluation of your case. You can also email our firm using the contact form on the right side of this page.
From her office based in Denver, Jennifer Bisset provides superior legal services to injured people throughout Denver County and the state of Colorado.