January 22, 2015
Continuing from A Look at the Top 7 Work Injuries in the U.S. (Pt. 1), here, we will continue to reveal the costs associated with the most common work injuries reported in the U.S. in 2012 (the most recent year for which statistics are currently available).
More Common Work Injuries and their Costs
3 – Injuries Caused by Being Hit by an Object
Having objects fall on or strike workers was another major source of work injuries in 2012, as these types of injuries reportedly resulted in more than $5 billion in direct workers’ compensation costs, comprising nearly 9 percent of the total direct work injury expenses in 2012.
4 – Injuries Related to Other Physical Exertions
Exerting the body in other ways and sustaining injuries in doing so was another significant cause of work injuries in 2012. In particular, these injuries:
- Include those that were caused by bending, twisting, sitting, standing, walking and/or stepping
- Resulted in direct workers’ compensation costs that totaled more than $4.25 billion, representing just over 7 percent of all of the direct expenses related to work injuries in 2012.
5 – Injuries Caused by Motor Vehicle Accidents
Work-related motor vehicle accidents were also among the top 7 work injuries that reportedly impacted the American workforce in 2012. In particular, work injuries caused by motor vehicle accidents represented just over $3 billion in direct work injury costs in 2012, making it comprise just over 5 percent of the total work injury costs during that year.
6 – Slipping and Tripping Injuries
Slipping and tripping accidents also ranked in the top work injuries reported for 2012, with injuries related to these accidents:
- Costing just over $2 billion in direct costs to employers
- Representing nearly 4 percent of the total direct costs of work injuries in 2012.
7 – Injuries from Getting Entangled in Equipment
Being caught up in heavy machinery and work equipment or being crushed between large objects comprised about 3.5 percent of all of the work injury claims in the U.S. in 2012.
Denver Workers’ Compensation Lawyer at the Bisset Law Firm
Have you been injured at work? If so, Denver Workers’ Compensation Attorney Jennifer Bisset wants you to know that she is here to aggressively advocate your rights and help you obtain the benefits you need and deserve. When you choose to work with Attorney Jennifer Bisset, you can trust that she will:
- Work diligently to keep your case moving
- Keep you informed about the status and progress of your case
- Provide you with responsive, high-quality legal services
- Help you secure the maximum possible benefits for your injuries and losses.
Contact Us Today
Contact Denver Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Jennifer Bisset by calling (303) 894-8900 to learn more about your rights and receive a professional evaluation of your case.
From her office based in Denver, Jennifer Bisset provides superior legal services to injured people throughout Denver County and the state of Colorado.