Losing part or all of an extremity or limb can not only impact a person’s ability to work for some period of time, but it may also result in some significant impacts to that individual’s future capabilities and his overall quality of life. When some accident or trauma at work has been responsible for a person’s need for an amputation, the injured person:
- Will likely be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits to cover the costs of his medical bills and lost wages – regardless of whether his own negligence may have played a role in causing the injuries
- Will have the best chances of obtaining the maximum possible benefits the first time he submits his claim by working with an experienced attorney like Jennifer Bisset.
Causes of Amputations
Workers may need to have an amputation when any of the following traumatic events occurs while they are working:
- They are involved in a severe car, truck or other type of motor vehicle accident.
- They fall from a significant height and sever part of their extremities or limb as a result.
- One or more of their limbs is crushed after a heavy object falls on it.
- One or more of their limbs becomes caught up in an industrial machine due to, for example, an equipment malfunction or another workers’ inattention to the task at hand.
- There is an explosion in their workplace due to, for example, as gas leak.
Working with the Denver Workers’ Compensation Lawyers at the Bisset Law Firm
Have you had an amputation as a result of a work accident or injury? If so, the skilled Denver workers’ compensation attorneys at the Bisset Law Firm want you to know that we are here to:
- Fiercely defend your rights at every stage of your case
- Stand up to insurance companies and corporate lawyers both inside and outside of court
- Provide you with responsive, high-quality legal services and representation
- Help you obtain the benefits you need and deserve
- Help you secure the most favorable possible resolution to your case so you can focus on your recovery and future.
When you choose to work with our esteemed Denver workers’ compensation lawyers, you can trust that we will work diligently to keep your case moving and keep you advised of every development in your case. While this means that you can count on us to promptly return every one of your phone calls, it also means that we are committed to meeting all of your case deadlines in order to help you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries and losses.
In addition to being diligent and dedicated, our attorneys are upfront and honest. They will keep you informed of the strengths and weaknesses of your case, the choices and possibilities that you have as you move through the process, and whether it makes sense to settle your case or go to trial.
Let’s Talk About Your Rights
At the Bisset Law Firm, we offer knowledgeable, superior counsel to anyone seriously injured on the job, and we encourage injured workers to learn more about their legal rights and entitlements by meeting with us for a free initial consult. Contact our Denver workers’ compensation lawyers by calling (303) 894-8900 to receive a complimentary, professional evaluation of your case.