Asbestos Exposure Injuries
While we currently know that asbestos is a toxic substance that can cause serious damage to individuals who are exposed to it, in the past, this substance was used in a wide variety of materials, which means that some modern workers are often exposed to it in the course of their daily work activities. When people are regularly exposed to asbestos at work and inhale its carcinogenic fibers:
- They are at risk of developing some severe, irreversible and potentially life-threatening health complications.
- They will likely have a right to workers’ compensation benefits (and possibly other compensation) if they developed an asbestos injury while working.
- They will have the best chances of securing the benefits they need and deserve by working with the experienced Denver workers’ compensation lawyers at the Bisset Law Firm.
Types of Asbestos Exposure Injuries
Some of the specific types of health complications that workers can develop as a result of asbestos exposure include (but are not limited to):
- Asbestosis, a chronic lung condition in which the inhalation of asbestos fibers results in breathing difficulties and scarring of the lung tissues
- Mesothelioma, a rare form of lung cancer that targets the tissues that line the body’s organs (Most commonly, mesothelioma results in malignant tumors developing on the pleura, the outer lining of the lungs and chest cavity).
Who’s At Risk?
While any worker who is exposed to asbestos on a regular basis or who is exposed to asbestos fibers even for shorter periods of time can develop these asbestos injuries, those who are the most likely to be exposed to asbestos and develop related injuries include (but are not limited to):
- Construction workers
- Laborers on demolition crews
- Railroad workers
- Shipyard workers
- Junk yard workers.
Denver Workers’ Compensation Lawyers at the Bisset Law Firm
Have you been diagnosed with an asbestos injury and have a history of being exposed to asbestos in your workplace? If so, the skilled Denver workers’ compensation attorneys at the Bisset Law Firm want you to know that we are here to aggressively advocate your rights to compensation. Our experienced legal professionals are dedicated to providing each of our clients with the highest quality legal representation and to helping them obtain the best possible results for their cases.
When you choose to work with our esteemed Denver workers’ compensation lawyers, you can trust that we will work tirelessly to keep your case moving and keep you advised of every development in your case. Additionally, you can rely on our attorneys’ honest advice about your case. While they will be upfront with you about the strengths and weaknesses of your case, they will also clearly explain your choices as you move through the process and whether it makes sense to settle your case or go to trial.
We offer knowledgeable, superior counsel to anyone seriously injured on the job. Some of our additional strengths include our fierce negotiating skills, our extensive trial experience and our readiness to take decisive action when the denial or delay of a workers’ compensation claim is finally overruled. Contact the Denver workers’ compensation lawyers at the Bisset Law Firm by calling (303) 894-8900 to learn more about your rights and receive a professional evaluation of your case.