Colorado Workers’ Compensation Disfigurement Benefits
Disfigurement from work-related injuries is generally a permanent impairment and, as such, typically entitles an injured worker to additional compensation (above their permanent disability benefits). The amount of this additional compensation for disfigurement injuries will usually depend on:
- The area of the body that is disfigured, with more visible areas – like the face – being associated with greater amounts of compensation
- The extent of the disfigurement, with more severe disfigurement injuries obviously being linked to higher compensation awards.
Colorado workers’ compensation disfigurement benefits are specifically laid out in Code 8-42-108, which stipulates that:
- Injured workers who sustain injuries that result in permanent disfigurement to their face, head or other areas of the body that are normally visible to the public can be awarded up to $4,000 (in addition to other benefits they may receive).
- This compensation amount can be increased up to $8,000 if and when the disfigurement involves extensive facial scarring, facial burns and/or an arm or leg stump due to the loss of a limb.
When to See an Attorney
While these lump sum payments of Colorado workers’ compensation disfigurement benefits are intended to provide injured workers with additional compensation for particularly severe injuries, oftentimes:
- Insurance companies delay or attempt to undercut these disfigurement benefits, hoping that injured workers won’t know their rights and will be financially desperate enough to accept lower payouts.
- Injured workers don’t receive the benefits they deserve and have to fight insurers.
In such cases, it’s crucial that disfigured employees work with an experienced attorney who will be committed to helping them stand up to insurers and secure the benefits to which they are entitled.
Denver Workers’ Compensation Lawyers at the Bisset Law Firm
Have you been disfigured as the result of a work-related injury? If so, the Denver workers’ compensation attorneys at the Bisset Law Firm want you to know that we are here to aggressively defend your rights and help you obtain the disfigurement benefits you deserve. Our experienced legal professionals are dedicated to providing each of our clients with the highest quality legal representation, keeping each of our clients informed and in the loop at every stage of their cases and, ultimately, helping them obtain the best possible results for their cases.
When you choose to work with our esteemed Denver workers’ compensation lawyers, you can trust that we will work diligently to move your case forwards and keep you advised of every development in your case. While this means that you can count on us to promptly return every one of your phone calls, it also means that we are committed to meeting all of your case deadlines in order to help you secure the maximum possible compensation for your disfigurement injuries.
In addition to being diligent and dedicated, our attorneys are upfront and honest. They will keep you informed of the strengths and weaknesses of your case, the choices and possibilities that you have as you move through the process, and whether it makes sense to settle your case or go to trial.
Our attorneys offer knowledgeable, superior counsel to anyone seriously injured on the job. Some of our additional key strengths include our fierce negotiating skills, our extensive trial experience and our readiness to take decisive action when the denial or delay of a workers’ compensation claim is finally overruled.
Contact our Denver workers’ compensation lawyers by calling (303) 894-8900 to learn more about your rights and receive a professional evaluation of your case.