How to Deal with Insurance Companies for Workers’ Compensation Claims
Following a workplace injury, injured workers will likely have to deal with an employer’s insurance company to file their claim and attempt to get compensation for their medical bills and lost wages. In such cases, it’s important for injured workers to know that:
- Insurance companies are out to protect the employer, not the injured worker, in these cases.
- Insurance agents may likely be looking for ways to undercut or deny their claims because these agents will usually be looking out for the company’s profits – not the injured worker.
- What injured workers say to insurance agents can be used against them.
- If a dispute between the insurance company and the injured worker arises regarding the workers’ compensation claim, the burden of proof will lie with the injured worker. In other words, the injured worker will have to prove his entitlement to benefits and will have to make the effort to push the claim forward.
Types of Insurance Disputes Associated with Workers’ Compensation Claims
Some of the most common types of insurance disputes that arise when workers’ compensation claims are filed involve disputes over:
- The nature and severity of the injury sustained
- The type of medical care that an injured worker needs
- Whether the injured worker has sustained permanent disabilities
- When the injured worker can return to his job.
The Superior Legal Service at the Bisset Law Firm
Have you been injured at work? If so, don’t try to deal with insurance companies on your own. The experienced Denver workers’ compensation attorneys at the Bisset Law Firm want you to know that we are here to aggressively advocate your rights and help you obtain the benefits you need and deserve. Our experienced legal professionals are dedicated to providing each of our clients with the highest quality legal representation, keeping each of our clients informed and in the loop at every stage of their cases and, ultimately, helping them obtain the best possible results for their cases.
When you work with our respected Denver workers’ compensation lawyers, you can rest assured that we will work diligently to keep your case moving and keep you advised of every development in your case. While this means that you can count on us to promptly return every one of your phone calls, it also means that we are committed to doing whatever it takes to help you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries and losses.
In addition to being diligent and dedicated, our attorneys are upfront and honest. They will keep you informed of the strengths and weaknesses of your case, the choices and possibilities that you have as you move through the process, and whether it makes sense to settle your case or go to trial.
How Our Denver Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Can Help You
Our lawyers offer knowledgeable, superior counsel to anyone seriously injured while working. Some of our key strengths that consistently help us obtain favorable results for our clients include our fierce negotiating skills, our extensive trial experience and our readiness to take decisive action when the denial or delay of a workers’ compensation claim is finally overruled.
Contact the Denver workers’ compensation lawyers at the Bisset Law Firm by calling (303) 894-8900 to learn more about your rights and receive a professional evaluation of your case.