December 31, 2014
While fatal work accidents can happen anywhere, some cities in the U.S. are home to more dangerous work environments and, consequently, have far higher rates of fatal work accidents. In fact, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the cities that are the deadliest for American workers tend to be smaller cities that are centered on a specific industry, such as:
- The oil industry
- The construction industry
- The steel manufacturing industry
- The paper mill industry
- The maritime industry
- The vehicle manufacturing industry.
Where the Most Fatal Work Accidents Happen
The following are the cities in the U.S. where the most fatal work accidents reportedly occurred last year (in order of most to least accidents):
- Midland (Texas), which is built around the oil industry
- Mount Vernon and Anacortes (Washington), which are primarily centered on the construction industry
- Beaumont and Port Arthur (Texas), which are built around the oil industry
- Huntington and Ashland (West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio)
- Green Bay (Wisconsin), which is home to the paper mill industry
- Anchorage (Alaska), which is built around the oil industry
- New Orleans, Metairie and Kenner (Louisiana), which are focused on the maritime industry
- Grand Rapids (Michigan), which is home to the auto making industry
- Tulsa (Oklahoma), which is focused on the oil industry
- Nashville and Davidson (Tennessee), which are built around the auto making industry.
Denver Workers’ Compensation Lawyer at the Bisset Law Firm
When fatal work accidents kill people’s loved ones, Denver Workers’ Compensation Attorney Jennifer Bisset will be ready to help grieving families obtain the death benefits to which they are entitled. Although no amount of money can ever make up for the untimely and tragic loss of a loved one, getting death benefits can be essential to helping families properly put their loved ones to rest and to providing them with some financial support during such difficult times.
When you choose to work with the Bisset Law Firm, you can trust that we will:
- Work diligently to keep your case moving
- Keep you advised of every development in your case
- Provide you with the highest quality legal representation
In addition to being diligent and dedicated, Attorney Jennifer Bisset is upfront and honest. She will keep you informed of the strengths and weaknesses of your case, the choices and possibilities that you have as you move through the process, and whether it makes sense to settle your case or go to trial.
Contact Us Today
Contact us by calling (303) 894-8900 to learn more about your rights and receive a professional evaluation of your case.
From her office based in Denver, Jennifer Bisset provides superior legal services to injured people throughout Denver County and the state of Colorado.