Intervening injuries refer to any injuries that a person develops after and apart from the injuries that form the basis of his workers’ compensation claim. When such injuries arise, they may:
- Exacerbate the injury related to the workers’ compensation claim
- Cause the injured worker to miss additional work
- Complicate the medical treatment of the workers’ compensation injuries (For example, if a worker with a knee injury then breaks his back in a new accident that happens outside of work, then physical therapy and other treatments for the original knee injury will likely have to be halted indefinitely while the back fracture is treated.)
- Cause insurance companies to stop paying workers’ compensation benefits.
Common Causes of Intervening Injuries
Some of the most common events or circumstances that can result in intervening injuries that can be problematic for workers’ compensation cases include (but are not limited to):
- Car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents and any other type of motor vehicle accident
- Airplane or boating accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites or animal attacks
- Health complications that arise due to the use of a dangerous drug and/or defective product
- Mistakes made by medical professionals during the course of treatment for the workers’ compensation injuries (e.g., surgery or anesthesia mistakes)
- Assaults or violence.
What to Do After Sustaining Intervening Injuries
Have you sustained a new injury after your work-related injury? If so, the experienced Denver workers’ compensation attorneys at the Bisset Law Firm want you to know that we are here to stand up to insurance companies and aggressively defend your rights to ongoing benefits. You can count on our trusted team of legal professionals to:
- Provide you with responsive, high-quality legal services and representation
- Help you secure the benefits you need and deserve
- Help you obtain the most favorable possible resolution to your case so you can focus on your recovery and future.
This means that, when you choose to work with our experienced Denver workers’ compensation lawyers, you can trust that we will:
- Promptly return all of your phone calls and emails
- Keep you informed about every new development in your case, as well as the new options you may have as these developments occur
- Work tirelessly to keep your case moving and combat insurance companies’ bureaucracies and stall tactics
- Be diligent about meeting all of your case deadlines
- Provide you with clear, upfront and honest answers regarding the strengths and weakness of your case, as well as your best options as you move towards resolving your workers’ compensation claim.
While we offer knowledgeable, superior counsel to anyone seriously injured on the job, some of our additional key strengths include our fierce negotiating skills, our extensive trial experience and our readiness to take decisive action when the denial or delay of a workers’ compensation claim is finally overruled.
Contact Our Denver Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
Contact the Denver workers’ compensation lawyers at the Bisset Law Firm by calling (303) 894-8900 to learn more about your rights and receive a professional evaluation of your case.