Denver Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles are one of the most dangerous ways to traverse the roads. According to the latest findings:
- About 10 percent of all traffic deaths involve motorcyclists.
- When fatal crashes occur, motorcyclists are about 29 times more likely (than people in motor vehicles) to suffer deadly injuries.1
If you or someone you love has been hurt in a motorcycle accident, Denver Motorcycle Accident Attorney Jennifer Bisset is here for you, ready to explain your legal options, aggressively advocate your rights and help you obtain the compensation you may deserve.
Hurt in a Motorcycle Crash?
Call (303) 894-8900 or Email Us
for a Free Initial Consultation
Let’s talk about your crash, as well as your legal needs and options. Attorney Jennifer Bisset can help you devise effective strategies for presenting a strong case and obtaining the best possible results.
Please don’t hesitate to call or email the Bisset Law Firm when you need answers regarding your potential motorcycle accident case. Until then, we invite you to explore the following for some generally important insights regarding motorcycle accidents and motorcycle crash cases.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents?
Most motorcycle accidents are commonly caused by the misjudgments, mistakes and/or reckless actions of motorists. This negligence can be enacted by passenger vehicle drivers, truck drivers and even motorcycle riders themselves. Some examples include:
- Impaired driving
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving
- Failures to comply with traffic laws.
In addition to motorist negligence, other factors that can contribute to motorcycle crashes include (and are not necessarily limited to) the negligence of:
- Equipment manufacturers in the event that equipment failures lead to wrecks
- Municipalities (or others) when dangerous roads contribute to crashes.
Please note that, in many cases, a motorcycle accident can be caused by the negligence of more than one party.
Who Is At Fault for Motorcycle Accidents?
Fault for a motorcycle accident will depend on the causes of that wreck. While Attorney Jennifer Bisset can help you determine fault for your motorcycle crash (after carefully reviewing the facts and evidence associated with your accident), typically, the following parties are among those who can be liable for these wrecks:
- Other drivers or motorcycle riders
- Vehicle or motorcycle manufacturers
- Equipment manufacturers
- Parties responsible for building and maintaining safe roads.
Some evidence that can be helpful in making liability determinations in the aftermath of a motorcycle accident can include:
- Accident scene photos
- Police reports
- Witness statements
- Cellphone records.
Am I Entitled to Compensation for My Motorcycle Accident?
Eligibility for motorcycle accident compensation will depend on the nature of the negligence (and negligent parties) that caused the wreck. In particular, you will likely be entitled to compensation if some other party was more negligent (than you may have been) in causing the crash.
This is because Colorado follows the 50 percent Bar Rule, meaning that:
- Accident victims can be legally entitled to compensation if their level of fault in the accident is found to be no more than 49 percent.
- When victims are partly at fault for an accident, their recoveries will be reduced proportionally to their percentage of fault.
Attorney Jennifer Bisset can help you determine all at-fault parties and hold them accountable so you are able to obtain the maximum possible compensation for your claim. While this compensation can never erase irreversible losses caused by serious motorcycle accidents, it can help victims and families pick up the pieces and start rebuilding their lives.
Denver Motorcycle Accident Attorney Jennifer Bisset Can Help You: Contact the Bisset Law Firm
Find out more about your potential motorcycle crash case by contacting Denver Motorcycle Accident Attorney Jennifer Bisset. Call (303) 894-8900 or email our firm for important advice regarding how to protect your rights as you move forward.
The experienced team at the Bisset Law Firm is dedicated to providing the highest quality legal representation in any type of motorcycle accident case. As part of this commitment, we are focused on:
- Keeping our clients informed of all case developments
- Promptly responding all calls and emails
- Meeting all case deadlines
- Always being prepared to take a case to trial (when that serves a client’s best interests)
- Relentlessly striving to secure the maximum compensation and successful outcomes.
For more on the Bisset Law Firm’s enduring record of excellence and success in motorcycle accident and personal injury cases, please check out our Case Results and Testimonials pages.
From our office in Denver, we are proud to represent injured people and families throughout the state of Colorado.
1: According to a study by Northwestern University