Neck Injuries and Workers’ Compensation Claims
Neck injuries can be particularly debilitating for workers, as these injuries can have long-term or even lifelong repercussions that may impact injured workers’ quality of life. What can make matters worse when people sustain on-the-job neck injuries is the fact that many of these injuries may not be curable, as current medical treatments may only be able to help minimize the symptoms, rather than eliminating or rectifying the condition altogether.
How Neck Injuries Occur At Work
Some of the most common ways in which workers may sustain neck injuries while working include by:
- Falling (either from a considerable height or due to a slippery or uneven ground surface)
- Having objects fall on them
- Being involved in any type of motor vehicle accident
- Being the victim of an assault while working.
Types of Neck Injuries
Common neck injuries that workers may sustain when accidents happen on the job can include (but are not limited to):
- Broken necks (which could result in paraplegia if the spinal cord is also affected as a result of the traumatic event)
- Pinched nerves
- Strains or tears in the ligaments, muscles and/or tendons in the neck
- Bulging or herniated discs in the neck
The types of workers who have the greatest risk of sustaining such neck injuries (due to the nature of their jobs) include (but are not limited to):
- Construction laborers
- Truck drivers
- Office workers
- Health care professionals
- Massage therapists
- Any worker who lifts heavy objects regularly
- Any worker who sits for long periods of time.
Symptoms of Neck Injuries
While some neck injuries will arise immediately after, for example, some traumatic event, in other cases, these injuries may develop over time, with the symptoms only becoming apparent over the course of weeks or even months. When symptoms of neck injuries are noticeable, they typically include:
- Stiff or sore neck
- Headaches and/or dizziness
- Numbness, tingling sensations and/or pain that radiates to the extremities
- Nausea and/or vomiting.
If you start to develop any of the above-listed symptoms, it’s important that you see your doctor as soon as possible to prevent further health complications.
Denver Workers’ Compensation Lawyers at the Bisset Law Firm
Have you sustained a neck injury at work? If so, the skilled Denver workers’ compensation attorneys at the Bisset Law Firm want you to know that we are here to aggressively defend your rights and help you secure the benefits you need and deserve. Our experienced legal professionals are dedicated to providing each of our clients with the highest quality legal representation, keeping each of our clients informed and in the loop at every stage of their cases and, ultimately, helping them obtain the best possible results for their cases.
While we offer knowledgeable, superior counsel to anyone seriously injured on the job, some of our additional key strengths include our fierce negotiating skills, our extensive trial experience and our readiness to take decisive action when the denial or delay of a workers’ compensation claim is finally overruled.
Contact Us Today
Contact the Denver workers’ compensation lawyers at the Bisset Law Firm by calling (303) 894-8900 to learn more about your rights and receive a professional evaluation of your case.