December 16, 2014
After being hurt at work, pursuing a workers’ compensation claim with the help of a lawyer can:
- Be critical to your recovery
- Provide you with the guidance you need as you make your way through the complicated Colorado workers’ compensation system
- Help you obtain the full amount of benefits to which you are entitled.
The first step in this process, however, is meeting with a workers compensation lawyer for an initial consultation. In this blog series, we’ll provide you with some helpful tips for preparing to meet with a workers compensation lawyer.
While you do not, of course, have to do anything before you consult with an experienced workers compensation lawyer like Jennifer Bisset, taking even just a little time before your first meeting with an attorney can help you get some more specific answers about your rights and options while possibly even facilitating the start of your claim.
Documents Preparation: What to Bring with You
If you have time to gather some important documents related to your work accident and injuries, here are some of the documents to compile and bring with you so that the workers compensation lawyer can review them:
- The official accident report (if there was one)
- Your medical records, including documents related to the diagnosis of your work injuries
- Your medical bills related to any treatment you’ve undergone for your work injuries
- A copy of the written report submitted to your employer (if you have already done this)
- Any documents you have received from your employer’s insurance company
- Recent paystubs or a recent bank statement (which can help give a workers compensation lawyer give you more precise answers regarding the possible amount of your benefits if you are ultimately approved for them)
- Your employee handbook (again, if applicable).
For our continued discussion regarding what you can do to prepare to meet with a workers compensation lawyer, be sure to check out the second part of this blog series that will be published soon!
Denver Workers Compensation Lawyer at the Bisset Law Firm
Have you been injured at work? If so, Denver Workers’ Compensation Attorney Jennifer Bisset wants you to know that she is here to aggressively advocate your rights and help you obtain the benefits you need and deserve. All of the experienced legal professionals at the Bisset Law Firm are dedicated to providing each of our clients with the highest quality legal representation, keeping each of our clients informed and in the loop at every stage of their cases and, ultimately, helping them obtain the best possible results for their cases.
Contact Us Today
Contact Denver Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Jennifer Bisset by calling (303) 894-8900 to learn more about your rights and receive a professional evaluation of your case.
From her office based in Denver, Jennifer Bisset provides superior legal services to injured people throughout Denver County and the state of Colorado.