December 21, 2014
Picking up from where Preparing to Meet with a Workers Compensation Lawyer (Pt. 1) left off, here, we will continue to point out some easy things you can do to get ready for your first meeting with a workers compensation lawyer.
Mental Preparation for Meeting with a Workers Compensation Lawyer
When you meet with a workers compensation lawyer to discuss your claim, the more specific information you can provide the attorney about the accident, your injuries and the aftermath, the better. This is because, with detailed, accurate information, an experienced workers compensation lawyer can provide you with better, more specific information about:
- The strengths and value of your claim
- The challenges your claim may face
- Your best options for proceeding.
Therefore, if you have a little bit of time before your consultation with a workers compensation lawyer, here are some things you can do to mentally prepare yourself for this meeting:
- Think about the details related to your employment – In particular, when were you hired? How long have you been working for your employer? Are you full or part time? Has your employment status changed recently?
- Think about the specific events associated with your accident – When did your workplace accident occur (be as close to the exact date and time as possible)? What were you doing immediately before your accident? Did you receive emergency medical care after the accident? What else may have occurred in the aftermath of the accident? Were there any witnesses to the accident?
- Think about the details of your interactions with your employer and/or a doctor – Has your employer told you which doctors they prefer you to see? Have you seen a doctor? If so, who and what was your experience? Have you received an official diagnosis of your condition?
All of these details can impact your claim, and being prepared to discuss them can make your meeting with an attorney far more productive and helpful.
Don’t miss the upcoming conclusion to this blog series!
Denver Workers Compensation Lawyer at the Bisset Law Firm
Have you been injured at work? If so, Denver Workers’ Compensation Attorney Jennifer Bisset wants you to know that she is here to aggressively advocate your rights and help you obtain the benefits you need and deserve.
When you choose to work with the Bisset Law Firm, you can trust that we will work diligently to keep your case moving and that we will keep you advised of every development in your case. While this means that you can count on us to promptly return every one of your phone calls, it also means that we are committed to meeting all of your case deadlines in order to help you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries and losses.
Contact Us Today
Contact Denver Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Jennifer Bisset by calling (303) 894-8900 to learn more about your rights and receive a professional evaluation of your case.
From her office based in Denver, Jennifer Bisset provides superior legal services to injured people throughout Denver County and the state of Colorado.