July 13, 2014
When people think about workplace injuries, on-the-job accidents usually come to mind. However, workplace violence – which may also be referred to as occupational violence – is an all-too-common and tragic factor that can endanger people’s health and safety while they are working.
In this three-part blog, we will take a closer look at the facts about workplace violence in the U.S. If you or a loved one has been the target of workplace violence, don’t hesitate to contact Denver Attorney Jennifer Bisset for help getting the compensation and justice you deserve.
Workplace Violence in the U.S.: The Statistics
The following statistics spotlight how prevalent workplace violence is in the U.S. These stats have been put together and published by various reputable researchers, including (but not limited to) those at the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Occupational violence results in about 700 deaths each year in the U.S.
- While about 2 million workers report having been the victims of workplace violence each year in the U.S., researchers estimate that the number of victims is likely substantially higher, as many victims likely do not report these incidents due to fears of retaliation.
- The industries in which fatal incidents of workplace violence were most likely to occur include the sales industry (with a 28 percent risk), the protective services industry (with a 17 percent risk) and the transportation/materials moving industry (with a 13 percent risk).
For more important information about workplace violence in the U.S., be sure to check out the upcoming second and third parts of this blog.
Denver Workers’ Compensation Lawyer at the Bisset Law Firm
Have you been injured at work? If so, Denver Workers’ Compensation Attorney Jennifer Bisset wants you to know that she is here to aggressively advocate your rights and help you obtain the benefits you need and deserve. All of the experienced legal professionals at the Bisset Law Firm are dedicated to providing each of our clients with:
- Regular, honest updates about the status and progress of their cases
- The highest quality legal representation
- The best possible results for their cases.
In addition to being diligent and dedicated, Attorney Jennifer Bisset is upfront and honest. She will keep you informed of the strengths and weaknesses of your case, the choices and possibilities that you have as you move through the process, and whether it makes sense to settle your case or go to trial.
Contact Us Today
Contact Denver Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Jennifer Bisset by calling (303) 894-8900 to learn more about your rights and receive a professional evaluation of your case.
While we offer knowledgeable, superior counsel to anyone seriously injured on the job, some of our additional key strengths include our fierce negotiating skills, our extensive trial experience and our readiness to take decisive action when the denial or delay of a workers’ compensation claim is finally overruled.