May 31, 2015
OSHA has been focused on assuring “safe and healthful working conditions for working men and women” since 1970. Although OSHA regulators regularly monitor various industries and investigate employers for allegedly failing to provide safe working environments for workers, it’s important for employees to understand their rights under OSHA law so that they:
- Can protect themselves and minimize their risk of sustaining workplace injuries
- Know when to report employers’ violations to OSHA.
An Overview of Employees’ Rights per OSHA
According to OSHA, employees have the rights to:
- File confidential complaints with OSHA to request that their workplace be inspected for potential violations and safety hazards.
- Get info and training about OSHA standards that apply to their workplace, as well as methods for preventing harm caused by their industry-specific hazards.
- Receive safety training in a language and vocabulary that they can understand.
- Get copies of the records associated with work-related accidents, injuries and illnesses that have occurred in their workplace.
- Get copies of the results of tests, inspections and/or other monitoring done to identify and quantify the hazards in their workplace.
- Obtain a copy of their workplace medical records.
- Get involved in an OSHA inspection of their workplace and discuss their concerns in private with an OSHA inspector.
- File a complaint with OSHA if they are the targets of employer retaliation for exercising any of their OSHA-provided rights.
- File a complaint with OSHA if they are retaliated against by an employer for blowing the whistle on an employer’s violations of OSHA standards and regulations.
You can call OSHA at 1(800) 321-6742 (OSHA) to find out more about filing a complaint or requesting an inspection of your workplace.
Denver Workers Comp Attorney at the Bisset Law Firm
For experienced help obtaining the benefits you need and deserve after suffering a work injury, contact Denver Workers Comp Attorney Jennifer Bisset. She is here to aggressively advocate your rights and help you navigate the complexities of the workers’ compensation system.
When you choose to work with the Bisset Law Firm, you can trust that we will:
- Work diligently to keep your case moving
- Keep you advised of every development in your case
- Promptly respond to your calls and/or emails
- Provide you with the highest quality legal representation
- Help you secure the maximum possible benefits for your injuries and losses.
Contact Us Today
Contact Denver Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Jennifer Bisset by calling (303) 894-8900 to learn more about your rights and receive a professional evaluation of your case. You can also email our firm using the contact form on the right side of this page.
From her office based in Denver, Jennifer Bisset provides superior legal services to injured people throughout Denver County and the state of Colorado.