March 10, 2015
Resuming Workplace Bullying: 6 Facts to Know (Pt. 1), here, we will continue presenting some essential facts to know about this prominent issue.
Workplace Bullying: More Important Info
Fact 3 – Workplace bullying can have some seriously negative effects on victims.
For those who may still think that workplace bullying is a non-issue, taking a look at the potential impacts of it may change their minds. In fact, as research has shown, when people are targeted by workplace bullying, they can end up developing a range of physical and mental issues, only some of which may include:
- Increased anxiety
- Ulcers and digestive problems
- Increased blood pressure
- Sleeping difficulties that could lead to insomnia
- Depression and lower self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (which can arise in more extreme cases of workplace bullying)
- Other stress-related illnesses.
Fact 4 – Workplace bullying can have some serious impacts on companies.
Given that workplace bullying can cause victims to develop significant health complications, it may not be such a big surprise to learn that workplace bullying can create some bigger problems for businesses also. In fact, when workplace bullying impacts a given company, that business can end up experiencing:
- Decreased productivity, as the victims of workplace bullying may end up missing more work due to stress-related health problems and the bullies themselves are more focused on intimidating a coworker, rather than doing their work
- Higher rates of employee turnover, as people will typically not want to continue working for companies where they’ve been bullied, and this can end up costing companies a lot of money in the long run
- Problems hiring new workers, which can occur if a company becomes known for workplace bullying.
All of this can end up meaning less profits for companies that don’t effectively prevent and/or address workplace bullying when it arises.
For some additional important info about workplace bullying, be sure to read the conclusion to this blog series. It will be published soon!
Denver Workers’ Compensation Lawyer at the Bisset Law Firm
Have you been injured at work? If so, Denver Workers’ Compensation Attorney Jennifer Bisset wants you to know that she is here to aggressively advocate your rights and help you obtain the benefits you need and deserve. All of the experienced legal professionals at the Bisset Law Firm are dedicated to providing each of our clients with the highest quality legal representation, keeping each of our clients informed and in the loop at every stage of their cases and, ultimately, helping them obtain the best possible results.
Contact Us Today
Contact Denver Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Jennifer Bisset by calling (303) 894-8900 to learn more about your rights and receive a professional evaluation of your case. You can also email our firm using the contact form on the right side of this page.
From her office based in Denver, Jennifer Bisset provides superior legal services to injured people throughout Denver County and the state of Colorado.