September 30, 2014
Of all of the types of accidents and injuries people can sustain on the job, fall injuries are among the most common, expensive and potentially severe types of work injuries. In fact, as the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) has reported, more than 9 million American workers seek emergency medical care each year due to fall injuries that occur at work.
In this blog series, we will take a closer look at the incidence and impacts of workplace fall injuries in the U.S. If you’ve sustained a workplace fall injury and are ready to move forward with a workers’ compensation claim, don’t hesitate to contact Denver Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Jennifer Bisset for superior representation with your claim.
The Incidence and Costs of Workplace Fall Injuries in the U.S.
The following facts and statistics regarding fall injuries in American workplaces have been compiled and reported by various authorities, including the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the BLS and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- More than 1 out of every 3 work injuries is some type of fall injury.
- About 95 million workdays are lost each year in the U.S. due to workplace fall injuries.
- The average workplace fall injury causes injured workers to miss at least 38 days of work.
- Fall injuries are the leading cause of emergency room visits related to accidents, as 1 in 5 accident-related ER visits is due to a fall injury.
- On average, a fall injury at work costs about $20,000 (in terms of medical treatment expenses, lost work, etc.).
- About 5 percent of all workplace fall injuries result in severe bone fractures, which have the potential to cause permanent impairments.
- While law enforcement officials are five times more likely than any other worker to sustain fall injuries, some of the other employees who have a substantial risk of experiencing workplace fall injuries include truckers, sanitation workers and nurses.
We will continue discussing workplace fall injuries in an upcoming installment of this blog series – make sure you check it out!
Denver Workers’ Compensation Lawyer at the Bisset Law Firm
Have you or someone you love fallen or been otherwise injured at work? If so, Denver Workers’ Compensation Attorney Jennifer Bisset wants you to know that she is ready to aggressively defend your rights and help you obtain the benefits you need and deserve.
When you trust Attorney Jennifer Bisset with your workers’ compensation claim, you can be confident that she will work tirelessly to keep your case moving and to help you obtain the full amount of benefits to which you are entitled.
Contact Us Today
Contact us by calling (303) 894-8900 to learn more about your rights and receive a professional evaluation of your case.
While our firm offers knowledgeable, superior counsel to anyone seriously injured on the job, some of our additional key strengths include our fierce negotiating skills, our extensive trial experience and our readiness to take decisive action when the denial or delay of a workers’ compensation claim is finally overruled.