October 20, 2014
Wrapping up our three-part blog series Workplace Hand Injuries: The Incidence, Causes and Prevention, below, we will outline some specific steps that can be taken to prevent workplace hand injuries.
Preventing Workplace Hand Injuries: Keeping Workers Safe and Healthy
As with any type of on-the-job injury, the old adage – an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure – rings true for workplace hand injuries. Some of the specific steps that both employers and workers can take to try to minimize the risk of sustaining workplace hand injuries include (but are not exclusive to):
- Regularly training workers on essential safety procedures, particularly when it comes to protecting the hands at work
- Employers developing specific hand protection programs when there may be an especially high risk of workplace hand injuries (based on the nature of the industry)
- Providing workers with the appropriate personal protective gear, like the appropriate safety gloves for the job (In fact, safety gloves come in many different varieties, including those that offer protections against heat, sparks, toxic substances, pathogens, etc.)
- Appropriately maintaining the machinery, tools and other equipment that workers use
- Regularly washing the hands at work, especially if workers may have lacerations and/or may be in contact with toxic or questionable substances
- Avoiding shortcuts and carefully following all necessary steps to complete a job
- Employees showing up to work rested and ready to tackle the day (as fatigue or lack of sobriety can make people less diligent and careful on the job, increasing the risk of sustaining workplace hand injuries).
As employers and employees focus on these ways to minimize the risk of workplace hand injuries, regulators and safety officials should continue to record the incidence and causes of these injuries to pinpoint additional strategies for protecting workers and preventing workplace hand injuries.
Denver Workers’ Compensation Lawyer at the Bisset Law Firm
Have you suffered workplace hand injuries or any work-related injury? If so, Denver Workers’ Compensation Attorney Jennifer Bisset is ready to aggressively stand up for your rights and help you obtain the benefits you need and deserve. When you make the right choice to move forward with the Bisset Law Firm, you can be confident that you will receive:
- The highest quality legal representation
- Regular case updates and prompt responses to all of your contact (such as your calls and emails)
- Personalized attention and professional advice from Jennifer Bisset as your case progresses towards a resolution
- The best possible results for your worker’s compensation claim.
Let’s Talk about Your Options – Contact Us Today
Contact Denver Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Jennifer Bisset by calling (303) 894-8900 to learn more about your rights and receive a professional evaluation of your case.
While we offer knowledgeable, superior counsel to anyone seriously injured on the job, some of our additional key strengths include our fierce negotiating skills, our extensive trial experience and our readiness to take decisive action when the denial or delay of a workers’ compensation claim is finally overruled.