June 26, 2014
Picking up from where we left off in What You Need to Know about Workers’ Compensation Fraud (Pt. 1), below we will continue our discussion regarding workers’ compensation fraud.
While the first part of this blog concentrated on pointing out some of the most common ways in which this type of criminal act is committed, here, we will point out the signs of workers’ compensation fraud. Being aware of these signs can help you know when to take action so that you are able to get the full amount of benefits to which you are entitled.
Signs of Workers’ Compensation Fraud
Some indications that workers’ compensation fraud may have been committed with your claim can include:
- An employer reporting a different job title that you may have at work
- Conflicting descriptions of your accident and injury
- An employer or insurer having a history of committing workers’ compensation fraud and/or litigation over allegations of this type of fraud.
Some of the red flags that a claimant or worker may be in the process of committing workers’ compensation fraud can include:
- “Monday morning” injuries, which are injuries that allegedly occurred on a Friday afternoon but aren’t reported until Monday morning
- Reports of injuries immediately prior to layoffs, strikes or the conclusion of a work contract
- Reports of injuries from employees who have been working for an employer for less than 30 or so days
- Difficulty contacting a claimant
- No witnesses to the accident or injury in question
- Changing stories about the accident or alleged work injury.
Be sure to check out the final part of this blog to come.
Denver Workers’ Compensation Lawyer at the Bisset Law Firm
Have you been injured at work? If so, Denver Workers’ Compensation Attorney Jennifer Bisset wants you to know that she is here to aggressively advocate your rights and help you obtain the benefits you need and deserve. All of the experienced legal professionals at the Bisset Law Firm are dedicated to providing each of our clients with the highest quality legal representation, keeping each of our clients informed and in the loop at every stage of their cases and, ultimately, helping them obtain the best possible results for their cases.
When you choose to work with the Bisset Law Firm, you can trust that we will work diligently to keep your case moving and that we will keep you advised of every development in your case. While this means that you can count on us to promptly return every one of your phone calls, it also means that we are committed to meeting all of your case deadlines in order to help you secure the maximum possible compensation for your injuries and losses.
Contact Us Today
Contact Denver Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Jennifer Bisset by calling (303) 894-8900 to learn more about your rights and receive a professional evaluation of your case.
While we offer knowledgeable, superior counsel to anyone seriously injured on the job, some of our additional key strengths include our fierce negotiating skills, our extensive trial experience and our readiness to take decisive action when the denial or delay of a workers’ compensation claim is finally overruled.